All legal andadministrative procedures apply to all local and foreign individuals or organizationsinterested in setting-up a company in Macao.
Investors mayobtain details of the necessary procedures for setting up a business from
Procedures for Company Set up
|1.Application of admissibility of trade name||Commercial Registry Office(CRCBM)||Fill up the required form with proposed name, and a clear definition of the objectives of the company|
|2.Memorandum and Articles of Association * (within 60 days of obtaining trade name )||-through IPIM’s private notary; or
-lawyer registered in Macao; or
-document written by the applicant and certified by the notary
|Notarial contract or individual contract confirmed by a public or private notary, according to type of company and legal requirements in force|
|3.Registry of the Company *(within 15 days of signing of the memorandum)||Commercial Registry Office(CRCBM)||1. Letter of Application (with the verification
2. Company Constitution Document
3. List of names of shareholders and I.D. copies
4. List of names of the administrative board
5. Letter of Appointment of the administrative board
6. Copy Certificate of Admissibility of Trade Name
|4.Declaration of commencement of
|Macau Finances Services Bureau(DSF)||1. Filing in the Industrial Tax ( Form M1, 2 copies) with the verification of signature
2. List of names of the shareholders and their ID copies
3. List of names and Letter of Appointment of the administrative board
4. Certificate of registration issued by Commercial Registry Office (CRCBM)
5. Copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association
6. Payment of the Industrial Tax (Form M 7)
＊ Notaryof IPIM and “One StopService” may assist investors to accomplish the above procedures.
＊ The Flow Chart to Investing in Macao : (Download)
Notary service for company registration
According to the statute of the Macao Trade and Investment Promotion Institute: DL 29/99/M, article 25 section 1 (a) “The competence of the notary of IPIM includes: To perform all the necessary duties and to draw up the documents concerned with company registration and to determine the date for the notary service.”
Therefore, through the “One Stop Service” of the Macao Trade and Investment Promotion Institute, our notary provides a series of services and relevant legal and administrative procedures for company registration.
Submit documents as follows :
- For better following and assisting of investors, IPIM may request investors to present their “Initial Investment Plan in Macao” (Form for download / Online Application) or “Summary of Investment Intention or Plan” (Guidelines for download)
- Personal information and copy of I.D. of the Shareholders Directors. If the shareholder is married, spouse’s I.D is required. Matrimonial Property Regimes is also needed to be reported ( DOC / PDF )
- Articles of Association ( DOC / PDF / Online Application)
Fees for Setting up a Company
Notary Fees (1)
Fees which are Receivived by Registration Dept.
1. Notarisation of Memorandum and Articles of Association
Note:According to DL 29/99/M,article 20 point g), the IPIM may receive fees on behalf of the Notary and Commercial registrar, for handing charges of company registration, start up fees and other expenses, The relevant expenses stated above are according to Macau’s regulations, which may be adjusted without further notice.Fees stated in this above chart will be confirmed prior to the registration process.
2.Assistance with application of trade name
1. A trade name is the name of the company that the entrepreneur wishes to trade under. It should not cause any confusion to the existing companies. The proposed name has to be requested by applying for a “Certificate of Admissibility of Trade Name” at the Commercial Registry Office. After successfully approving, the company must be registered within 60 days.
2. A proposed name for newly formed companies can either be in Chinese or Portuguese or both. When using both languages, an English name may also be added. However, if only one of the official languages is used, no English name is allowed. Investors should also ensure that the name in all languages used must have a similar meaning. For Branch Offices, the name should be exactly the same name as that of the parent company. However, the word “BRANCH” is an option to use.
3. Original application forms may be obtained from IPIM or the Commercial Registry Office. The fee for every application is Mop$55 and will be valid for 60 days (Renewable). According to law, it shall not take more than 10 days to process.
Sample Forms for download
3. Assistance to apply company registration
Once investment project followed by IPIM, our Notary will give assistance to investor to prepare the following document for company registration:
* Registration shall not take more than 15 days to process.
Contact One Stop Service : firstname.lastname@example.org