Assessment Criteria for Temporary Residency Application – Management and/or Technical Personnel
In accordance with Article (1)(3) of the Administrative RegulationNo. 3/2005, management and/or technical personnel employed by a local employer,with academic backgrounds, professional qualifications and experienceconsidered beneficial to the Macao SAR, can apply for temporary residency inthe Macao SAR according to the requirements of the Administrative Regulation.
Assessment Criteria for TemporaryResidency Application under the Category of “Management and/or Technical Personnel”
In accordance to Article 1, 6 and 7 of the above-mentioned administrative regulation, major considerations for application underthe category of “Management and/or Technical Personnel” include but are notlimited to the following:
1. Academic Background
In principle, the applicantshould have completed tertiary education. The academic qualifications provided by the applicant must be recognisedby the country/region of the issuing institution. Assessment will focus on whether the academicqualifications possessed by the applicant are beneficial to Macao, e.g. whetherthere is a shortage of staff with related qualifications in Macao.
2. Professional Qualifications / Publications / Awards：
Consideration will be given to whether the applicant’sprofessional qualifications, publications or awards are internationally/regionally recognised, and whether the professionalqualifications possessed are work-related. In principle, the more professional qualifications, publications andawards possessed the more advantageous it is for the application.
3. Work experience
The more work and / or managerial experienceequivalent to academic or professional standards, the more advantageous it isfor the application.
4. Job Position
Consideration will be given to whether theposition held by the applicant is of a professional or managerial natureparticularly beneficial to Macao, and whether the business nature and size ofthe employing company is particularly beneficial to Macaowill also be analysed. During the analysis, IPIMwill give special consideration to whether the qualities of the applicant arean advantage compared to local job seekers, whether there is a shortage ofpeople with the related academic qualifications in Macao and also whether thereis a shortage of personnel in the industry concerned.
5. Basic salary
In principle, the salary of the applicant should not be lower than the mediansalary of the industry concerned (with reference to the quarterly statisticaldata provided by the Statistics and Census Service).
6. The situation, securityand demands of the Macao SAR
The following are disadvantageous to theapplication for temporary residency:
1. Previous criminal convictions.
2. Confirmedincompliance with the laws of the Macao SAR.
3. Previous deportation record.
4. Prohibitionof entry, stay or transit at the Macao SAR according to the international legalinstruments applicable to the Macao SAR.
5. Interdictionof entry to the Macao SAR in accordance to law.
6. Attemptto evade the stipulations of stay and residence by frequently entering andleaving the Macao SAR at short intervals without reasonable justifications.
7. Prisonsentence served in or outside the Macao SAR.
8. Strongindications that the law will be broken or that the law may be broken.
9. Noguarantee of return to the place of origin, or the authority has valid reasonto suspect the authenticity of the travel document, insufficient financialresources to sustain oneself for the intended period of stay, lack of returnticket to the place of origin.